Get Help Setting Up Powers Of Attorney
If something happened to you today, would your loved ones have all the necessary information and documents to carry out your wishes? The Law Office of Keith D. Peterson, CPA, J.D., provides comprehensive estate planning services for individuals and families throughout the Houston area. We can help you establish powers of attorney.
What Is Power Of Attorney?
A power of attorney is simply a legal document that gives someone else legal power to act on your behalf in the event that you become incapacitated. In order for someone to be granted power of attorney in the state of Texas, you must:
- Have the document signed in public by a notary
- Be in a good mental state when signing the document
- Ensure that the person assigned power of attorney is of legal age (at least 18 years old)
In addition, there are different types of powers of attorney, including:
- General power of attorney
- Durable power of attorney
- Medical power of attorney
- Financial power of attorney
Estate planning attorney Keith D. Peterson will help you navigate this process from start to finish. You will have someone on your side to provide support, guidance and representation when needed.
To schedule an estate planning consultation, please call 281-205-4827 or send us an email. We provide guidance, document creation, and representation in all matters of estate planning, including wills, powers of attorney and deed preparation.